Building Beloved Communities as the Backbone of Social Change
Come and explore individual and systemic dynamics in a way that invites all voices to participate and cooperate!
from October 20, 2024 (8 pm) to October 25, 2024 (4 pm)
How can we make the world more resilient by contributing differently to our communities, organizations and collectives (intimate spheres, schools, living and working spaces, prisons…)?
How do we recognize and support what is already working in our communities? What is missing in our organizations and what do we want to develop to foster health, peace and cooperation?
How do we create organizations that take care of all the living beings that contribute to them? How do we transform prisons into places of inclusion and healing?
What is our worldview and in what ways can we put it into practice?
We will explore these questions based on our experiences from the collectives and organizations in which we work. This interactive workshop will allow everyone to leave with concrete insights for reflection and action.
Together we will
- Recognize the critical systems within communities that help them thrive and how can we influence and/or co-create systems within communities that support the well-being of all.
- Discover what is the intersection of systemic, cultural norms and individual actions.
- Become aware of the power we personally have to influence systems.
- Identify what inner resources we want to cultivate to bring our gifts more fully to our community.
- Explore how we can talk about power, influence, privilege, choices and resources in ways that invite all voices to the table and into collaboration.